Founded in 2003, EN-POWER GROUP is a fast-growing engineering firm that specializes in building energy efficiency. We are united around doing our part in reducing building energy consumption in line with NYC’s Greater Greener Buildings Plan and Built to Last initiative (with a goal of 80% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050). To that end, our primary services include energy auditing and consulting, building commissioning, large-scale lighting upgrades, and project and engineering management, with services provided by roughly 30 staff members.
This internship is based in our Midtown Manhattan office and is the ideal opportunity for students or recent graduates to gain valuable hands-on experience in energy management, building science, and lighting systems.
As an Energy Analyst and Field Intern, you will support lead energy engineers and auditors in the design, development, and evaluation of energy efficiency measures. You will develop an understanding of building HVAC, DHW, lighting, mechanical, and envelope systems. In day to day you will assist with building site visits, technical data entry, and energy modeling and calculations.
- Assist lead engineers/auditors in the field to complete energy audits and site assessments of building systems to evaluate energy usage and to identify energy savings opportunities
- Collect data during on-site inspections to document existing systems and associated equipment
- Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
- Conduct energy use analysis of building systems using analytical tools to aid in developing energy management plans
- Generate ideas for energy conservation measures (ECMs)
- Assist with feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit analyses of potential ECMs
- Support lead engineer/auditors with testing and retro-commissioning of building systems to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws (e.g., Local Law 87)
- Write/draft energy efficiency reports including ASHRAE Level I, II, and III audits reports
- Pursuing or recently received a degree in engineering, environmental science/studies, or other relevant technical field
- Demonstrated interest in energy conservation
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Understanding of HVAC systems, renewable energy systems, and energy efficiency concepts
- Previous experience in the energy sector
- Experience with energy modeling software
- Multi-Family Building Analyst (MFBA) certification
- Interest in lighting technology and basic knowledge of electrical principles to assist lead lighting project manager
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.